Monday, January 21, 2013

An old friend died...

Life is so bloody short. An old college friend and her husband died in an accident Saturday. Their daughter who is my son's age survived and is physically okay. It appears they didn't see that the semi in front of them had stopped on the interstate.
I'm really bothered by this because we had been pretty good friends for a while. But we drifted apart, and though that happens to all of us, I have let it happen with all of my friends. All but Lance, but that is a story for another day.
After I got word about Michelle, I texted my two closest friends (besides Lance) to let them know I loved them and was glad they are a part if my life. It's truly sad because one of which it has been close to two years since I have seen. The other I had seen more recently but it has still been months and was even longer before that. Why do we allow this to happen? Is it just me? I am quite socially awkward.
I am so jealous of the social lives of my old friends. How do I get back into that sort of thing? I want back into my old friends' lives but it just doesn't seem possible. It's easier to feel welcome when you see someone on a regular basis. Now that I don't work I don't see anyone but my kids. I haven't been seeing or talking to my mom as much (long story, for another day) and I just feel out of touch with the world.
I've turned Michelle's death into a pity party on myself. I'm sorry. I was thinking I would like to go to the funeral if it isn't private or at least the viewing (or wake. I am not sure the difference). Maybe with someone else who also knew her (which my husband went to high school with her, I actually met them at the same time, but they didn't get along so he won't want to go).

No comments: